Thursday, January 15, 2015

How To Strengthen Nails


Hello Beauty Lovers,

I have searched high and low for a way to strengthen my nails after having fake nails. Acrylic nails is the worst thing ever but its just so pretty!! And don't be fooled by shellac being a healthier option, as it may not make your nails as weak as applying fake nails, if you have a weak nail bed then the shellac will do more damage to your nail rather than help it.
So after staying away for months from the nail salon I tried many home remedies to strengthen my nails, from eating more vitamin D, not painting my nails, and taking skin hair nail pills. Nothing worked until I began doing research and read about Coconut Oil.
Coconut Oil is such a healthy oil to use on skin, hair and nails because it provides deep moisture. Weak nails result from a weak nail bed so not taking care of your cuticles and keeping that area moisturized will create an unhealthy foundation. Applying Coconut Oil onto your nails every night before going to bed will moisturize and feed into your nail bed helping to strengthen your nails.
Ive noticed the biggest difference once I began using Coconut Oil but it is a process that you need to maintain. Not only do I apply Coconut Oil but I also file my nails every couple days, you're shaping and strengthening your nail by filing it a little. Think of it as a split end hair trim but for your nails, you file down just a layer of the nail to help promote more growth and strength.
This is a routine in which you need to stick to in order to see results and its so easy and affordable that adding this step to your daily routine won't be an issue!

Hope you enjoyed this post,

Yara <3

No comments:

Post a Comment